Every local administration that meet the membership criteria may become a member of Turkish Healthy Cities Association. The membership criteria are:
- Endorsement of the Constitution of Turkish Healhy Cities Association, WHO Health21 Policies and 2008 Zagreb Healthy Cities Declaration;
- Commitment to work in order to reduce health inequalities, support healthy lifestyles and vulnerable groups or carry out activities in order to create a healthy city;
- Nomination of 2 permanent (one shall be the Mayor) and 2 substitute members to the Council of the Association;
- Appointment of a Healthy Cities Project Coordinator, establishment of project partnership and a Healthy Cities Project Office;
- Preparing a City Health Profile, an Annual Activity Programme, and reporting annually to the Association;
- Regular attendance to the meetings of the Association.